Those who are fond of baitcasting fishing, all probably know Shimano Curado. The manufacturer has become a staple in the fishing industry for the last 24 years. And they continued their legendary journey with the Shimano Curado K baitcasting reel.
It is an improved version of their already popular Shimano Curado I and comes with few striking features. And in the Shimano Curado K review, we are going to investigate the new features of the baitcasting reel, find its benefits and absence points. And finally, we will give our thoughtful and invaluable opinion on the reel whether or not it’s worth the investment.
Henceforth, if you are an angler and looking for one of the top-class baitcasting reel currently obtainable, read on the full article.
Jump To The Right Section
- 1 Shimano Curado K Review For 2021
- 1.1 Curado K Key Specifications
- 1.2 Curado K best features and benefits
- 1.3 Ergonomic and Compact:
- 1.4 The C14 slide plate is light and sturdy:
- 1.5 Stable and Comfy Spool Design:
- 1.6 Super Free Spool:
- 1.7 Stealthy Aluminum Frame:
- 1.8 Micro Module Gears:
- 1.9 Improved X-Ship facility:
- 1.10 Six Shielded Ball Bearings:
- 1.11 Anti-Reveres Supportive Roller Bearing:
- 1.12 Infinity Brake System:
- 2 A Glance at The Highlighted Features:
- 3 The Baitcasting Reel Buying Guide
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 5 Conclusion
Shimano Curado K Review For 2021
Shimano released the Curado K baitcasting reel in 2017 as their flagship fishing reel. It immediately caught attention from the anglers and has been ruling in the market since then. But what makes it such awesome and loving among fishermen’s? And is it really worth thy hype?
Let’s give its features, specifications as well as pros and cons a try and find out the answer.
Curado K Key Specifications
- Line Capacity: 10/155, 8/180, 14/110 9lb/yds)
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
- Line retriever capacity: 26-36 inches
- Weight: 7.6oz. – 7.8oz.
- Bearings:6BB &1RB
- Origin: Malaysia
|Braid LB/YDS||Weight (OZ)||Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve||Max Drag||Retrieve|
|CU200HGK||8/180, 10/155, 14/110||30/190, 50/120, 65/80||7.6 oz||7.4:1||31″||11 lbs||Right|
|CU200XGK||8/180, 10/155, 14/110||30/190, 50/120, 65/80||7.8 oz||8.5:1||36″||11 lbs||Right|
|CU201HGK||8/180, 10/155, 14/110||30/190, 50/120, 65/80||7.6 oz||7.4:1||31″||11 lbs||Left|
|CU201K||8/180, 10/155, 14/110||30/190, 50/120, 65/80||7.6 oz||6.2:1||26″||11 lbs||Left|
|CU201XGK||8/180, 10/155, 14/110||30/190, 50/120, 65/80||7.8 oz||8.5:1||36″||11 lbs||Left|
|CU200K||8/180, 10/155, 14/110||30/190, 50/120, 65/80||7.6 oz||6.2:1||26″||11 lbs||Right|
Curado K best features and benefits
Here we have piled up the top benefits and most useful features of the Curado K from Shimano. Check them out.
Ergonomic and Compact:
Shimano Curado is 10% lighter than its prior versions and counterparts in the industry. The lightweight design is responsible for secure handling without having to compromise the flex of the reel. Also, its ergonomic handle will comfortably fit into the anglers’ palm.
So, you enjoy a premium and solid feel at hand.
The C14 slide plate is light and sturdy:
Shimano has made the side plates with their c14 material that further contributes to the overall compactness and lightweight of the baitcasting reel. C14 material is famous for its surprising contrast of rigidity yet the lightweight capability.
Shimano has connected the side plates with spring and pin so that it stays on the place while fishing in the water bodies. So, you won’t need to ardently worry about losing it.
Stable and Comfy Spool Design:
Shimano has used the dependable and highly stable their 3D Spool System for Curado K. Therefore, you will experience the smoothest feels while casting or retrieving lures, thanks to the comfy spool system. It cuts the vibration to the minimum level, so you get some relaxed and hassle-free casting memories.
Super Free Spool:
The Super Free Spool of Curado K comes with tons of flexible options when you cast the lures. It also spins with perfection. So, you can achieve your desired casting distance with effortless whipping, forget about those painstaking whips anymore.
With a strong and quality cast, this Super Spool will expertly handle the light lures in the air and the heaviest ones also without damages.
Stealthy Aluminum Frame:
Shimano has once again used their Hagane body to build the baitcasting reel. Thereby, you get a sturdy and robust aluminum frame for the awesome baitcasting reel.
The frame is rugged enough to protect the interior parts of the reel from all kinds of exterior damages to give it the longevity you want. Furthermore, the aluminum construction Hagene body comes handy in reducing the flex. So, you will get more control over the baitcasting handling.
Micro Module Gears:
The micromodule gear design comes really beneficial for the smooth use of the reel to your desired level. So, it’s no wonder why Shimano Curado K is more fluid and easier to operate than most other baitcasting reels available currently in the market.
When you use the baitcasting reel, you will see that its gears are slightly larger than the former models also. Furthermore, it has an increased number of small teeth across the length of gear. Both blends well to help the reel smooth and effortless power transition.
It is a unique feature that you can find only in some high-end expensive bait reels. But this one will perfectly fit into your budget.
Improved X-Ship facility:
When the fish starts giving a life-saving fight with the reel, the Curado K really comes on its own with all the probable techniques to stop the fish from fleeing. One such useful method is the amplified driving gear of the reel.
Along with the improved bearing supports at the end of the pinion gears, the baitcasting reel really comes beneficial to catch fighter fishes. The X-Ship facility manages the pinion alignment as well as the main gear simultaneously.
So, you enjoy smooth operation with the minimum friction. The least frictions mean increased durability of the reel.
Six Shielded Ball Bearings:
The ball bearings used for Curado K is made of stainless steel. On top of the steel construction, Shimano has given it a powder coating to protect the ball bearings from rust and corrosion. It also protects the ball bearings from saltwater, dust, and grime build-up.
All these features result in an increased lifetime of the tremendous Curado K baitcasting reel.
Anti-Reveres Supportive Roller Bearing:
The reel also comes with an anti-reverse roller ball bearing, which successfully stops the back rolling. And the Super Stopper facilitates instant, powerful hooking.
Infinity Brake System:
Shimano has made the braking system with the SVS Infinity technology. The brake system uses the weight to give you total control over the casting. Moreover, when you use lighter lures, the brake system precisely controls the spool speed.
There’s also an adjustable knob to quickly control the speed and accuracy of the fly.
A Glance at The Highlighted Features:
- A durable and long handle brings more leverage.
- Multiple gear ratios available.
- The gears have increased endurance due to the X-Ship.
- There’s also an anti-reverse bearing set.
- Carbon drag brings finer tuning into work.
- 10% smaller and lighter than the standard models.
- The casting has awesome control.
- Line retrieval is quick and comfortable.
- Smooth line casting and retrieving is possible.
- A perfect fishing tool for professionals.
- Not ideal for beginners.
- Needs time and effort for the assembly.
The Baitcasting Reel Buying Guide
When you, after all, those thoughts decide to buy a baitcasting reel, there’re several things you should consider carefully. Otherwise, you may end up carelessly investing in a worse reel.
- Round vs. Low profile reels: The round Baitcasting reel is specially designed for handling more large reels. Anglers mostly use round reels for fishing pike, muskie, salmon, and steelhead. On the contrary, the low-profile baitcasting reel has an ergonomic design and comfortable feel at your palm. So, it is more popular than the rounded one among the anglers these days. It is used for fishing crappie and bass.
- Gear ratio: The gear ratio of any reel refers to the number of times the spool will rotate with one crank on the handle. Ideally, a good-quality baitcasting reeds to have multiple gear ratios to suit your preference; similarly, the Curado K. It has three different gear ratios.
- Braking system: The in-built braking system of the reels will let you step up and down the spool rotation when you cast the line and reel. You will find centrifugal and magnetic brakes to choose from for the reels. Also, the knob adjustment comes handy to control the spool with better changes.
- Other features: You should also consider the frame component, ball bearings, and lastly, the ergonomic handle, and how they feel at hand.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q: Can I use Shimano Curado K in saltwater?
Ans: Shimano Curado K has rust and corrosion-resistant stainless-steel frame. On top of it, the smooth controlling, Micro Module Gearing system, and the updated technology makes Curado K the most favorite baitcasting reel for both the saltwater and freshwater fishing.
- Q: How many lines will the Shimano Curado K hold?
Ans: Shimano Curado K has an enormous line holding capacity. It will be able to hold 110 yards of lining at the 14 pounds test without any sign of damage or cracks. So, you shouldn’t be worrying about the line holding capacity of the reel.
- Q: Is it worth buying the Curado K?
Ans: Shimano Curado K has multiple gear ratios, a lasting frame, premium feels at hand, and unbelievable control over both light and heavy lures. All this makes it a worthwhile investment.
The Shimano Curado K is surging the market with its stalked and staller features. You will love its smoothness when casting the line and retrieving it. Also, it has an anti-reverse roller ball bearing, which makes the control even more breeze.
While it has every high-end feature, likewise, the most expensive baitcasting reels in the market, it is priced surprisingly at a reasonable price. This makes the Curado K baitcasting reel a real deal for the anglers both in freshwater and saltwater as we found in the Shimano Curado K review.
Its rust and corrosion resistance mean it will be in the fishing service longer than your strength initially think. And also, the baitcasting reel will be more suitable for the professionals than the beginners. But that doesn’t mean beginners can’t use it; they will need just a few moments to get accustomed to the awesomeness of K Curado.