Are you bored by angling on the shore only? So, now you want to go deep into the water and catch some big fish. Well, a canoe can be a good option except for the fact that they are expensive. In this regard, a fishing kayak can be your best buy. It will take you into the deepest water and let you enjoy the thrill of effectively reeling in a big perch or carp.
So, if you plan for the kayak fishing and in the lookout for the best cheap fishing kayak, congratulations, you have landed ardently in the right place.
We will review seven top-notch, hot selling and reliable fishing kayaks. These fishing kayaks come at a low price without compromising quality, safety features, and long-lasting service. Also, we have added the best fishing kayaks buying guideline to assist your further.
So, this is your lifetime chance if you want to own an unbeatable kayak for fishing at a low price but with premium quality.
Jump To The Right Section
- 1 Best Cheap Fishing Kayak Reviews for 2022
- 2 Top 7 best cheap fishing kayak (Best Picks)
- 2.1 Sea Eagle 330 Deluxe Inflatable Sport Kayak :
- 2.2 Key Specifications
- 2.3 Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak :
- 2.4 Key Specifications
- 2.5 Tip:
- 2.6 Intex Challenger Kayak Series (K2) Kayak :
- 2.7 Key Specifications
- 2.8 Tip:
- 2.9 Sevylor C001 Tahiti Hunt Fish Kayak :
- 2.10 Key Specifications
- 2.11 Tip:
- 2.12 Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak :
- 2.13 Key Specifications
- 2.14 Tip:
- 2.15 Intex Excursion Pro K2 Kayak :
- 2.16 Key Specifications
- 2.17 Tip:
- 2.18 Perception Pescador Pro 12 Sit on Top Fishing Kayak :
- 2.19 Key Specifications
- 2.20 Tip:
- 3 Buying Guide for the Best Cheap Fishing Kayaks
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 5 Conclusion
Best Cheap Fishing Kayak Reviews for 2022
- Super tough laminate pvc with polyester core.
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valv
- Includes 2 removable skews for deep and shallow water.
- Removable and adjustable mounting bracket for additional accessories, such as gps systems.
- Storage space in bow and stern with stainless steel d rings for tying down dry bags and gear.
- 3-ply super tough construction employs a high molecular pvc that is unaffected by gasoline, oil.
- Includes 86in aluminum oars and high-output pump
- Constructed of uv-protected high-density polyethylene. multiple footrest positions for different size.
- Adjustable padded seat back and seat pad for comfort. two flush mounted fishing rod holders.
- Front and rear shock cord straps. two 6″ storage compartments in rear and center.
- Front and rear t-handles for easy transport. deep hull tracking channels
- Stability chine rails. durable high-density polyethylene (hdpe) construction.
- The intex challenger k2 kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling
- The bright green color and sporty graphics make the kayak highly visible in the water
- Two 86 inch aluminum paddles and an intex high output pump for easy inflation and deflation
- Made of company’s rugged, super tough vinyl that’s puncture and uv damage resistant for long term du
- Measures 30 by 15 by 138 inches (w x h x d) inflated, with 400 pound maximum weight limit.
Kayaking takes us close to nature. Fishing, on the other hand, brings immense joy and pleasure. And when you combine fishing and kayaking, you will get one of the best lifetimes fun close to nature with all good memories.
So, here our picks for the combination of budget fishing kayak.
Top 7 best cheap fishing kayak (Best Picks)
- Sea Eagle 330 Deluxe Inflatable Sport Kayak
- Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Intex Challenger Kayak Series (K2) Kayak
- Sevylor C001 Tahiti Hunt Fish Kayak
- Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak
- Intex Excursion Pro K2 Kayak
- Perception Pescador Pro 12 Sit on Top Fishing Kayak
When it comes to manufacturing the best budget fishing kayak, Sea Eagle perhaps enjoys the most unrivaled competition. And you will get to know the reason behind their superiority once you go deep fishing with the 330 Deluxe Sport Kayak.
This fishing kayak can accommodate two adults and has an enormous 500 pounds weight carrying capacity. So, you can smoothly store all your fishing gears, plush the food, and other items at ease on the kayak bed.
The sporty looking kayak has a minimal 26 pounds of weight and features a streamlined hull design. The hull is made with 33 mil polykrylar. So, it won’t wear out anytime soon.
On the other side, the seams are welded to ensure that it won’t leak or puncture in the water. Hence, you get a puncture, and the leak-resistant kayak is relatively low pricing. What’s more, the premium materials ensure the investment on the kayak is worth every penny.
It is an inflatable kayak. So, you can effectively carry it easily in your vehicle in a flattened condition. And when you reach the fishing spot, inflate in just five minutes. Inside the kayak, you get a roomy seating arrangement for two adults.
Last but not least, superior tracking keeps the kayak on route even when the conditions are not favorable. So, you can trust on the inflatable kayak and pass through the water bodies with a breeze to catch some big fishes.
- Length: 11’2.”
- Width: 34”
- Weight: 26 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 500 pounds
- Suitable for: Class III whitewater
- The inflatable kayak can be launched anywhere.
- The overall design is durable and puncture-proof.
- The interior is spacious to accommodate two persons and their gears.
- The sporty design surely catches everyone’s eye.
- The kayak feels heavier.
- The paddles are somewhat drippy.
The Sea Eagle 330 Deluxe will be a fine choice for heavy people. Once you are used to its inflatable technique, you will love its service in the water.
We couldn’t resist our temptation to recommend the Angler 100 Kayak for the best fishing kayak under 500 because of its striking look, durability, and comfortable navigation. Indeed, the fishing kayak will take your kayaking experience to the next level of comfort.
The well-designed hull brings stability while fishers pass through any water bodies. What’s more, the strength lets smaller fishers to even stand on the kayak and fish off their favorite catch.
Next comes the 275 lbs. weight carrying capacity, which ensures you can take all of the gears such as coolers, bags, and tackle with ease. Also, you can accommodate a place for snacks and even some beverages too.
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak also has two 6” hatches to store your phones and lures. Also, the kayak features three-rod holders. So you can use three lines at once.
The front and rear bungees on the Angler 100 fishing kayak ensures that the paddles are held securely and won’t get lost anytime. The only setback is that you need to pay additionally for the paddles.
The padded seat backs and 5 feet groove for your feet ensure you enjoy the most comfort during a good fishing day.
Apart from the comfort and features, the kayak is made durability in mind. It is made of polyethylene that is puncture and UV-resistant. So, it promises to withstand the harshest water condition at ease.
- Length: 11.’
- Width: 31”
- Weight: 52 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 275 pounds
- Suitable for: Class II
- High-density polyethylene with UV-resistant to stop fading
- The racking is smooth and dependable
- The hull is rail chained to ensure stability
- An excellent 5 years of warranty
- Easy controls help beginners
- Extremely heavyweight
- Not a fast-moving kayak
If you are a beginner and want to invest in a durable and easy to control kayak that worth every penny, the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 is made for you.
Those who look for an affordable yet super-dependable kayak to go for fishing in deep water, the Intex Challenger Kayak series, is highly recommended for you. It has two kayak models, namely K1 and K2, but we are up to the K2 because of its sporty look and controlled navigation.
The streamlined design looks sporty, and its easy paddling makes kayak fishing fun. So, you will enjoy going deep into the water with the Intex Challenger K2.
The K2 Intex Challenger is a two-seater kayak that brings comfort and style together. The kayak is crafted from vinyl that has a heavy-duty serving for an extended period. Also, it is puncture and leak-proof to ensure confident navigation in the water.
What’s more, its two separated air chambers keep it floating even if one airbag gets damaged, unfortunately. Moreover, the floor rigid, too, thanks to the inflatable I-beam construction. The Boston valve, on the other hand, supports quick inflation and deflation.
So, when you are in a hurry to get into the water or going home after a satisfactory fishing session, there’s no loss of time. Impressive!
Also, it folds up in a tiny space and readily carried into a bag pack. So, it is, undoubtedly, one of the most easily portable kayaks presently in the market.
Last but not least, it has a 400 lbs weight carrying capacity to hold all of your fishing gears such as lures, baits, smartphones, foods, and even beverages. Also, the interior is spacious for two medium-sized adults to sit comfortably.
- Length: 11’6”
- Width: 30”
- Weight: 33.53 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 400 pounds
- Suitable for: Flat-water kayaking
- Sporty and stylish look
- Seriously inexpensive
- The navigation is comfortable
- The portability is super-easy.
- The foot space is somewhat uncomfortable
The Intex Challenger K2 is admittedly one of the cheap fishing kayaks under 200 with a sporty appearance and comfortable navigation. Also, you can opt for the K1 kayak for a one-seater arrangement.
You will rarely see a kayak as affordable, durable, and sturdy as the Sevylor C001 Tahiti. First off, it can accommodate you and your friend comfortable. Secondly, the inflatable kayak is rugged enough to stand the force of rough water with ease.
The hull is made shallow, and it operates so quietly that no wildlife and fish would notice its presence in the water. It is an excellent benefit for fishing since it angling demands a quieter surrounding.
It has a PVC construction with 21-gauge depth for a calm water and lake navigation. The rugged design ensures it cruises comfortably. Also, the kayak comprises of multiple air chambers. So, unfortunately, even if one air chamber is punctured, you can still reach the shore safely with the other inflatable chamber.
What’s more, inflation and deflation are made convenient for users too. There are two locking points with the lock valves for the comfortable inflation. And once inflated, its airtight design makes sure it won’t puncture soon.
Besides the durability and navigation, this kayak is made for the user’s comfort and convenience in mind too. It features an adjustable seating position to ensure your comfort. Then there is the backrest support to allow you lean and rest for a while.
Lastly, the spray cover is there to stop splashes coming at you, so you remain dry and clam while angling in the waterways.
- Length: 10’4”
- Width: 34”
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 360 pounds
- Suitable for: Flat-water kayaking
- NMMA certification for durability.
- Camouflage color is better for the hideout.
- Extremely lightweight for easy portability
- Adjustable seats and backrest capacity
- The kayak isn’t suitable for person usage
- The kayak won’t track stably without the skeg accessories
This is certainly one of the best value fishing kayaks in our list with its camouflage look and lightweight design. Also, it is rugged enough to stand rough usages.
This Quikpak K1 Kayak from Sevylor is another cheap yet quality fishing kayak that deserves appreciation from users. The kayak is leagues ahead when it comes to comfortable using experience and a stable tracking system.
First off, it only takes five minutes for the setup, and so is the ideal kayak to get out and on in the water quickly. Also, the nice carry bag allows you to transport the kayak easily wherever you go. The best part is that they carry bag turns into the seat.
It has a 21-gauge PVC construction for added sturdiness and endurance. So, you can use it in calm water such as lakes and large water bodies. Also, the bottom has a tarpaulin construction that prevents punctures and leaks.
And even if the bottom is leaked, multiple air chambers ensure that the kayak won’t sink and help you reach safely in the shore.
And as the kayak glides through the waterways, you can lean on the backrest and enjoy the ride. There are multiple footrest positions to adjust according to your requirements for the best comfort. So, you will enjoy riding on the kayak to your fullest.
Last but not least, it comes with an ergonomic carry handle. So, you can lift it easily on the shallow water and during carriage. Furthermore, the double locks allow quick inflation and deflation for a comfortable setup.
- Length: 8’7”
- Width: 24”
- Weight: 18 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 400 pounds
- Suitable for: Calm water
- Spacious legroom and backrest for comfort
- Multiple airtight chambers during emergencies
- Lightweight and ergonomic carry handle
- Compact storage space for accessories
- Lacks rod placing positions
If you are looking for the best cheap kayak for fishing for 1-person, this Sevylor Quikpak will top the list with a sporty look and dependable service.
Intex builds this kayak for professional anglers and kayaks to meet the competitive demands of the fishing market.
Since it is a professional kayak series, the manufacturer has built it with comfort and sturdiness in mind. For manufacturing, Intex has used laminated PVC that is super tough. Also, it has a polyester core that features an impact, sunlight, and abrasion resistance.
The polyester core has a 3-ply feature to make it an invincible item against oil, gasoline, and saltwater invasion. Thus, it takes endurance to a whole new level. Also, the high-impact inflation with extra pressure brings rigidity and sturdiness at play. So, you can confidently move the kayak through challenging waterways without having to think about leaks and punctures.
What’s more, you can quickly inflate and deflate the kayak thanks to its loaded spring valves. In fact, it will effectively only take a few minutes to accomplish the inflating process. For shallow water kayaking, it equips with removable skews.
Apart from the design and durability, the Intext Excursion Pro Kayak also epitomizes the comfort and convenience of the riders. It has two adjustable footrest and bucket seats. So, you can enjoy the rides with enhanced comfort.
The kayak also features a mounting bracket. You can adjust or remove it to accommodate additional gears such as GPS, rod holders, and fish finders.
With all these supreme facilities, this is one of the best cheap fishing kayaks under 1000. So, you can trust on its dependability.
- Length: 12’7”
- Width: 37”
- Weight: 39.01 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 400 pounds
- Suitable for: Lake water
- Comfortable and spacious seating space
- Super-tough construction for durability
- D-rings to attach dry bag for extra usage
- Lightweight but has a useful carrying capacity
- Slightly on the expensive side
- Inflation needs time initially.
You will love riding the kayak and catch some big buss and sturgeon. Also, it is a professional class kayak that ensures a memorable fishing experience with rods included in the package.
The Pescador Pro 12 sit on top kayak is designed with anglers like you and me in mind. So, it offers brilliant stability, dependable tracking, and practical features to make kayak fishing even more fun and comfortable.
The seat is made with a stadium-style. Also, it has multiple seating position adjustments to meet your every posture requirement. Also, the seats have an airy mesh and breathable design. So, you remain calm and dry even after a whole day of kayaking on the seat.
Also, you can lower or upgrade the seat. The lower position suits leisurely paddling while the upper position is forecasting the kayak. It is a rare feature you will found in any standard kayak.
The kayak features one-piece construction. First off, it has excellent buoyancy and leak-proof capacity for added durability. Also, you will love its sporty and flashy look. So, you will love riding the kayak and get the trophy catches.
The best part of getting the kayak is that it includes molded rod holders and fish finder. So, it is always ready for fishing. Also, the storage on the front and rear side open up to accommodate all of your fishing and personal gears. So, you can even carry some food and beverage items with the kayak.
- Length: 12.’
- Width: 32.5”
- Weight: 57 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 375 pounds
- Suitable for: Freshwater
- Ample space for you and accessories
- One-piece construction for durability
- Adequate carrying capacity
- Sturdy yet eye-catchy design
- Moves slowly
- Heavyweight limits carrying comfort
You can use the Pescador 12 Pro fishing kayak for fishing in lakes, shores, and open water areas. Hence, it is one of the best cheap fishing kayaks in our review.
Buying Guide for the Best Cheap Fishing Kayaks
Admittedly, the market has tons of good fishing kayaks for beginners, intermediate and professional anglers. However, when it comes to picking the most demanding and reliable fishing kayak in a cheap budget, things become a bit tricky.
You would want to get the maximum premium features but at lower pricing. Hence, you might need to compromise a few features or leave out one feature for another. That’s why many people are in a puzzle to decide the suitable kayak for them in a budget.
We have thus included the essential fishing kayak features in the buying guide to help you get rid of such puzzling conditions.
Types of Fishing Kayaks
Firstly, you will need to decide which type of fishing kayak you would like to have. In general, you will see three types of fishing kayaks, each specialized in a different condition. These types are:
- Sit-in kayaks: In the sit-in kayak, you can enclose your lower body comfortable in the hull section. Since you sit in a lower position in the water and feature a low center of gravity, you enjoy comfort. Also, it increases sturdiness and efficiency in the water.
- Sit-on-top kayak: If you casually move around the waterways and want to enjoy a slow riding, the sit-on-top kayaks are your best buy. These kayaks are suitable for calm weather and stable water. The open hull design of the kayak enables it to move smoothly in the deep water and come back safely. Since the sit-on-top kayak eliminates the chances of capsizing and so, it best suited for beginners.
- Inflatable kayak: The inflatable kayak has become popular in recent times. The inflatable design features a PVC construction, which is puncture and leak-resistant. So, it is ardently a suitable option for most water conditions. Since it is easily squeezed, campers and hikers love carrying the inflatable kayak with them.
Portability or easy transportation is a critical factor as you buy any kayaks. The portability is linked with the kayak size and weight. A compact and small kayak is easily carried in a car or vehicle. Also, inflatable kayaks are squeezed in a carry bag that further promotes the portability.
Also, a kayak of 30 lbs to 40 lbs is carried with ease. However, some models are weighted at 20 lbs even, which is great for carrying. Finally, ergonomic handles will offer additional comfort while transporting the kayak.
The durability is dependent on which type of activity you will mostly perform with the kayak. For instance, recreational kayaks are made of durable polyethylene plastic. On the contrary, you will see PVC construction on the inflatable kayaks that are puncture and leak-resistance. Also, these are lighter than the polyethylene made kayaks.
Another widely used kayak manufacturing material is ABS plastic that has UV, weather, and leak-proof feature. But it is slightly expensive than polyethylene made kayaks.
The storage space of the kayak is another vital feature that you must consider while buying the kayak. It is even more crucial if you plan to for overnight or long trips. The bow and stern of the kayak should allow you to store dry bags, carry packs, tents, or sleeping bags.
Also, the kayak should have sufficient space for the fishing gears. Traditionally, sit-in kayaks have more space than the sit-on-top kayaks. You should look for a kayak with watertight compartments to keep all your equipment secured.
The carrying capacity of the kayak is vital since it will determine how comfortable it can accommodate you. Also, if you a heavier person, you need to opt for a kayak with enhanced carrying capacity. And for two persons, the carrying capacity needs to be increased more.
Ideally, a kayak should at least have 300 pounds of weight holding capacity. However, some units may support up to 500 pounds of weight accommodate, which is great.
You would want a kayak that is stable in the water. A streamlined and narrow hull shape will be more stable in the water. Also, the overall construction plays a vital factor in providing the stability of the kayak.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the best cheap fishing kayaks for the money?
Ans. The best cheap fishing kayaks for the money enlists a series of good-quality, comfortable riding, and stable kayaks. It includes Hobie Mirage Outback, Coastal Cruiser Tandem, Old Town Predator PLD X, etc.
Q. Are the cheap kayaks worth its investment?
Ans. The cheap fishing kayaks are a great option for the beginners and occasional anglers to kick-off their fishing career. They provide easy to ride on experience and lasting service. However, most of these kayaks can’t survive in the harsh water condition and aren’t suitable for deep water fishing. Yet, their pricing makes them an ideal option for the beginner. Also, the number of features these kayaks offer is worth the price.
Q. Can I use my rods and reels used for shore fishing for my new kayak fishing?
Ans. When you begin kayak fishing, you can use the rods and reels for shore fishing. However, the rods are often 2.7m long that can be a bit difficult to handle in the kayak. So, it is ardently recommended that you use a rod anywhere between 1.8m to 2.6m.
Q. How can I transport a kayak on the car roof?
Ans. You can easily transport a kayak on the car roof. At first, place the kayak on the top. Then use two straps to hold the kayak right on the roof securely. You can either place the kayak sideways or from the rear to the front, depending on the model and length. Also, inflatable kayaks are easily portable in your car rear box.
Kayak fishing is a popular sports and leisure activity. It takes you close to nature and lets you fish with sublime memories. But for all these good memories, you need to opt for the right kayak at first. You can select the best cheap fishing kayak from our list to go on the angling sessions and enjoy the thrill with a budget-friendly tour.
We have picked the fishing kayaks that come with a variety of design and convenience to suit every angler’s necessity. Also, our price variation will fit every budget category. So, you rest assured to get the best budget fishing kayaks from the review with uncompromising quality, service, and comfort.